Johns Creek Truck Accident Attorney
In 2016, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were 4,400 tractor trailer and bus accident that ended in the death of at least one person. More than 115,000 more were left with injuries after collisions with these large commercial vehicles. As Johns Creek truck accident attorneys, we believe that even one death was one too many.
We believe that the rights of the victim in a semi truck accident are paramount. As Johns Creek truck accident lawyers, we work tirelessly to fight for victims’ rights. We stand firm in our duty to protect victims and advocate for people who deserve justice.
As a Johns Creek truck accident lawyer, Mike Rafi has worked hard to build a strong reputation in the community. He understands that the aftermath of a collision involving a semi truck and passenger vehicle is overwhelming. An accident between a tractor trailer and a smaller vehicle is more likely to result in fatality, and Attorney Rafi is ready to represent those injured and the families of those who have lost their lives.
We are a trucking crash law firm, and we have seen the devastation these collisions can have on a family. Victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that require months of medical care and rehabilitation. The result is often financial difficulty that forces people to choose between taking care of themselves and their families and paying mounting medical bills.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a wreck with a tractor trailer or other large vehicle, you need a Johns Creek truck accident lawyer you can trust. We believe that you and your family deserve nothing less than highly competent representation and compensation for your financial loss. The person responsible for your accident must be held accountable.
The Basics of Tractor-Trailers
No matter what you call them — tractor trailers, big rigs, 18-wheelers or semi trucks — you see them everywhere. From rural roads to major highways, chances are you are frequently sharing the road with a large commercial vehicle. These trucks, and the men and women who drive them, are essential to our economy because they haul the majority of our cargo.
Each truck is permitted to hold up to 40 tons of cargo. Think about this the next time you see one on the road. If you are driving a typical passenger vehicle, chances are that your car doesn’t weigh more than 2 tons.
Causes for Tractor Trailer Wrecks
Semi trucks crash for a variety of reasons and most have to do with driver error. While mechanical failure can certainly occur, negligence plays a role in the majority of accidents, either on the part of the truck driver or the operator of the passenger vehicle.
- No Zones: A large truck has blind spots that surround the vehicle and extend into one or more lanes of traffic. A driver riding in one of these spots cannot be seen by the operator of the truck, putting the passenger vehicle at risk for collision.
- Difficulty Stopping: Due to the sheer weight of a semi truck, it takes a longer distance to stop. If a hazard appears in front of their cab suddenly, they may have no choice but to collide with it.
- Drive Fatigue: Drivers are not permitted to drive over a certain number of hours. Some obey the rule and some break it. Some are fatigued for other reasons. No matter, driving while drowsy is a very real danger.
- Driver Impairment: A driver who chooses to drink and drive puts everyone on the road at risk.
- Improper Loading: Cargo must be loaded into a trailer carefully and in a balanced way. When it is loaded carelessly or without consideration for the even distribution of weight, it can shift, resulting in an accident.
Your Attorney Knows the Law
A a Georgia truck accident lawyer, we know the law. Section 40 of the state code has several laws that apply to truck accidents.
- 40-8-2 applies to unsafe vehicles
- 40-8-3 discusses load dragging
- 40-8-7 talks about the unsafe operation of a vehicle
- 40-6-50(b) makes it illegal to drive in an emergency lane
- 40-6-52(b) tells about improper lane use on multi-lane highways
- 40-6-254 applies to unsafe loads
How a Johns Creek Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been hurt in a semi accident, you deserve nothing less than expert legal representation. We are a Johns Creek truck wreck lawyer with an excellent reputation for holding negligent parties responsible for their negligence. We are ready to fight for you.
We know that a truck accident often means financial difficulty. Time off work and medical bills often amount to tough decisions regarding your care and the care of your family. We don’t believe this should ever be the case. You and your family deserve to be able to return to a normal life following your accident.
Call our office today to schedule a free case evaluation. We will review the details of your Johns Creek truck collision and discuss the damages you have suffered. We will fight to hold the negligent party accountable and work tirelessly to win the compensation you so justly deserve. You can trust that you will be our focus once we take your case and that we will do everything in our power to assist you.