Sandy Springs Truck Accident Attorney
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that there were more than 4,000 accidents involving large trucks and buses in 2016 that resulted in at least one fatality. About 119,000 additional people sustained some type of injury from these collisions.
As Sandy Springs truck accident attorneys, we stand for the rights of victims. We feel strongly that it is our job to protect the rights of the injured and, as a Sandy Springs truck accident lawyer will fight vigorously for the compensation that victims are entitled to by law.
Mike Rafi is a Sandy Springs truck accident lawyer with the experience necessary to represent you like you deserve. He understands that collisions involving large commercial vehicles leave devastation in their wake. The sheer size difference between a semi truck and passenger vehicle means that the damage sustained by the vehicle and its occupants are often severe. Any Sandy Springs truck accident attorney can tell you that these accidents are more likely than others to result in fatality.
As a trucking crash law firm, we understand that the traumatic injuries caused by these accidents may require months of medical care. The costs associated with this care can become insurmountable. Medical bills and lost wages can mean financial difficulties that no victim or their family should have to face.
If you have been involved in a crash with a semi truck or other large vehicle, you deserve a Sandy Springs tractor trailer attorney you can trust. You and your family should be compensated for your financial loss, and we believe the at-fault party should be made to answer for their actions. Our commercial vehicle accident law firm is ready to help you make this happens.
Semi Truck Basics
A semi truck may also be called a “big rig,” a “tractor-trailer,” or an “18-wheeler.” No matter what you call these large commercial vehicles, you can easily spot them on any highway in the country. These vehicles are important to our economy, transporting nearly 75 percent of all shipped cargo.
A tractor trailer can legally carry up to 40 tons or 80,000 pounds of cargo. When you stop to think that a passenger car weighs between 2,000 and 4,000 pounds, you quickly understand why these accidents often result in such tragedy.
Why Semi Trucks Crash
As a Sandy Springs truck accident attorney, we know that semi trucks collide with passenger vehicles for a variety of reasons. Even though each accident is unique, there are causes that could be called more typical than others.
- Longer Stopping Distance – A semi truck takes longer to stop than a passenger vehicle simply because of its weight. A semi may take up to 500 feet to come to a complete stop, meaning that the driver may not have the time to respond to a sudden hazard. A semi can take double the distance of a passenger vehicle to come to rest.
- Blind Spots – Unlike your vehicle that has blind spots along the driver’s and passenger’s side, a semi has blind spots that come close to surrounding the vehicle. There are lengthy blind spots along the side of the cab and trailer, in the front of the cab, and behind the trailer.
- Loading – As a Sandy Springs truck accident lawyer, we know that cargo can shift when it isn’t loaded properly. This shift can cause a trailer to sway in such a way that a vehicle is struck or the entire rig falls to its side.
- Driver Impairment – Because we are also car accident attorneys in Sandy Springs, we have seen the dangers of impaired driving across the board. From distraction to fatigue, all the way to alcohol impairment, driving without complete focus on the road is dangerous. A driver who isn’t alert can have dulled reaction times and may not make needed decisions in order to avoid a collision.
Georgia Commercial Vehicle Codes Applied to Truck Accidents
- 40-6-254: Unsecured loads
- 40-6-52(b): Improper lane use on multi-lane highways
- 40-5-50(b): Driving in emergency lane, gore, or median
- 40-8-2: Unsafe vehicles, DPS safety rules authority
- 40-8-3: Load dragging on roadway
- 40-8-7: Operating unsafe vehicle
A Sandy Springs Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in a collision with a semi, you need a Sandy Springs truck accident law firm you can trust. We are Sandy Spring truck wreck lawyers with years of experience. We hold negligent drivers accountable for their decisions. We are ready to perform that duty for you.
We know that you are facing financial difficulty. Medical bills and lost wages can mean you face tough decisions. We don’t believe that you should be put in a position to pay bills or provide for your family. You deserve compensation for your damages and we are here to help make that happen.
Call our office today to schedule your free case evaluation. We will investigate your Sandy Springs truck accident and discuss your medical needs and property damage. We will put together a plan for securing the compensation you are entitled to. You and your family are not alone – we are here for you.
Reach out to our office to speak with a member of our team. Consider it the first step towards financial recovery. We promise to focus on your case and do everything in our power to help you recover damages.