Dunwoody Truck Accident Attorney
We pass tractor trailers on the highway every day without thought. Unfortunately, some aren’t lucky enough to be able to take these encounters so casually. In 2016, there were more than 4,000 accidents involving either a large truck or bus that resulted in at least one fatality. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration also says there were approximately 119,000 injuries in similar accidents.
As a Dunwoody truck accident lawyer, we stand in the corner of the victim. We believe it is the job of a Dunwoody truck accident attorney to protect the rights of victims and their families and ensure that they receive justice.
Mike Rafi is a Dunwoody truck accident lawyer you can rely on. Mike has dedicated himself to the plight of his clients and understands the catastrophic nature of these accidents. As any Dunwoody truck accident attorney knows, these powerful collisions are highly likely to result in severe injury or fatality when compared to wrecks involving two passenger vehicles.
As a trucking crash law firm, we know that victims are left devastated after these collisions. Many victims are forced to undergo weeks or months of medical care, and they may face financial difficulty beyond their control due to mounting bills.
If you have been involved in an accident with a large commercial vehicle, you deserve a Dunwoody tractor trailer accident lawyer you can trust. You and your family have the legal right to seek compensation, and expert legal representation is your only option. Our commercial vehicle accident law firm is here to make sure you receive a fair outcome.
Semi Truck Basics
These large trucks are often referred to as 18-wheelers, big rigs and semi trucks. No matter what you call them, one thing is certain: They weigh tons more than your car. A large commercial vehicle can weigh 80,000 pounds or more by the time they are loaded. Consider how much power this packs in a collision.
Semis are responsible for hauling the majority of the cargo in the United States. They are essential for our economy and won’t be getting off the road any time soon. This means that it is up to drivers of all vehicles to know why truck accidents happen in order to avoid them.
Common Reasons for Tractor Trailer Crashes
An accident is rarely an “accident.” Most tractor trailer crashes can be attributed to some type of error or negligence. Here are common reasons for these wrecks.
- Driver Impairment: Whether alcohol, distraction or fatigue, drivers operate their rigs when they are less than alert every day. This can lead to a terrible accident.
- Difficulty Stopping: It takes approximately 500 feet for a semi truck to come to a full stop. It takes your vehicle about 300 feet. That added distance means that a trucker cannot react to hazards as quickly.
- Improper Loading: Cargo needs to be loaded very carefully into a trailer so it doesn’t shift while the truck is in motion. If it does shift, it can throw off the balance of the whole vehicle.
- No Zones: Stay out of a truck’s blind spots. These surround the whole vehicle and can make it very difficult for the driver to see you.
Georgia Commercial Vehicle Codes
- 40-6-254: Unsecured loads
- 40-6-50(b): Driving in emergency lane, gore, or median
- 40-6-52(b): Improper lane use on multi-lane highways
- 40-8-2: Unsafe vehicles, DPS safety rules authority
- 40-8-3: Load dragging on roadway
- 40-8-7: Operating unsafe vehicle
How a Dunwoody Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need a Dunwoody truck accident law firm on your side. We are Dunwoody truck wreck lawyers with an excellent reputation for holding negligent drivers accountable for their choices. We are ready to get to work for you.
We know that you may be facing financial difficulty due to unforeseen medical bills and we don’t want to add to your burden. That is why your first consultation with your attorney will be held at no cost to you. We don’t believe that hiring a lawyer should come down to affordability.
Reach out to our office today to schedule an appointment for a free case evaluation. We will review the details of your Dunwoody truck accident and work with you to develop a plan for securing the compensation you deserve. Please know that you and your family are not alone in your fight.
Call today to speak with a member of our firm. Take the first step toward financial recovery. You deserve nothing less.