In addition, Chris represents crime victims—victims of sexual assault in mental hospitals, long-term care facilities, massage parlors, and spas; and victims of gun violence at properties where owners and managers fail to keep residents and guests safe. Cases handled by Chris have been featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Marietta Daily Journal, and The Daily Report – an Atlanta-area legal publication that distributes stories about some of the most high-profile cases, verdicts, and settlements.
Before joining Rafi Law Firm, Chris Stokes represented and defended businesses and insurance companies in many different types of personal injury cases, including automobile crashes, cases involving dangerous and unsafe property, and insurance coverage cases. But after witnessing how insurance companies treated injured people, Chris rededicated his career to help the injured instead.
Here are just a few examples of results Chris obtained for clients of the firm:
- $3 Million recovery (policy limits) for the daughter of a man shot and killed at an apartment complex.
- $1.6 Million recovery (policy limits) for client hit by a car while walking his dog.
- $1.1 Million recovery (policy limits) for client hit by a tow truck.
- $1 Million recovery for client injured in a head-on car accident.
- $725,000.00 recovery for client injured in an 18-wheeler accident.
- Confidential settlement against massage parlor chain for sexual assault during a massage.
Chris earned his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Auburn University and his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law. Chris has represented Plaintiffs in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and people seeking asylum in front of the Board of Immigration Appeals as part of UGA Law’s nationally recognized Appellate Advocacy Clinic.
Areas of Concentration:
- Truck Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Sexual Assault
- Shooting Victims
- Automobile Accidents
- Insurance Co.’s Negligent Failure to Settle
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury