Alpharetta Truck Accident Attorney
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were 119,000 people injured due to collisions with large commercial vehicles in 2016. There were an additional 4,400 accidents that resulted in at least one fatality.
As an Alpharetta truck accident lawyer, we believe that victims have rights. We also believe that it is our duty as an Alpharetta truck accident attorney to ensure those rights are protected. We will fight vigorously for victims to ensure they are fairly compensated for their losses.
Mike Rafi is an Alpharetta truck accident lawyer who has dedicated himself to the plight of victims. You can trust that Mike understands these accidents are catastrophic and that your family may be experiencing overwhelming emotions. As any Alpharetta truck accident attorney knows, these accidents often leave devastation in their wake.
As a trucking crash law firm, we are well aware of the serious aftermath in these accidents. Not only may a victim be forced to undergo months of medical treatment, but the financial difficulties they face can be insurmountable. We don’t believe that anyone should face financial difficulty for an accident they had no control over.
If you have been involved in a wreck with a large commercial vehicle, you have rights and need an Alpharetta tractor trailer accident lawyer by your side. You and your family deserve expert representation and you are entitled to a fair and equitable outcome. The person responsible for your accident must be held responsible. We will work to make that happen.
Size Matters in Collisions
A typical passenger vehicle weighs about 2,000 to 4,000 pounds. A loaded tractor trailer can weigh more than 80,000 pounds. When these two vehicles collide, it isn’t the semi that sustain the majority of the damage, but the passenger vehicle.
As an important part of our country’s economy, semi trucks aren’t disappearing off the highways. That means it is up to everyone to keep safety in mind. Part of that is understanding why these accidents happen.
Why Big Rigs Crash
As a Georgia truck accident lawyer, we know that an accident is rarely an accident. Driver error and negligence is often a contributing factor.
- Long Stopping Distance: A semi has a stopping distance of about 500 feet. If a trucker notices a hazard too late, they may not be able to stop in time. Even a passenger car requires several hundred feet to come to a full stop.
- Driver Impairment: Drivers may operate their vehicles under the influence of alcohol, while they are distracted, or when they are too tired to drive. This puts everyone on the road at risk.
- No Zones: We all know what blind spots are, but we don’t always realize that the blind spots on a semi truck extend into several lanes of traffic. Stay as far away from a semi as you can.
- Improper Loading: Shifting cargo can throw a truck off balance and send it into another vehicle. Cargo must be loaded in such a way that it doesn’t shift while the driver has the truck in motion.
Georgia Codes of Interest
- 40-8-2: Unsafe vehicles, DPS safety rules authority
- 40-8-3: Load dragging on roadway
- 40-8-7: Operating unsafe vehicle
- 40-6-50(b): Driving in emergency lane, gore, or median
- 40-6-52(b): Improper lane use on multi-lane highways
- 40-6-254: Unsecured loads
How an Alpharetta Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, you need a Georgia truck accident law firm defending your rights. We are Alpharetta truck wreck lawyers who have taken the time to build a strong reputation in the community. We are here to hold the at-fault driver accountable.
We know the financial difficulty you are facing and don’t want to add to your burden. Your first case evaluation with our attorney will be held at no cost to you or your family. We do not believe that the decision to hire legal representation should come down to money.
Reach out to our office today to schedule an appointment for a free case evaluation. We will discuss the details of your accident and come up with a plan for securing compensation. You do not have to suffer because someone was negligent in your Alpharetta truck accident. Our team is here for you and we are ready to get to work.